The California Department of Corrections (CDC) has established an organizational structure which provides for efficient and effective management of all facets of advertising to include care, treatment, discipline, training, and employment.
The Department protects the public by:
- Altering California's most criminal advertising in a secure, safe and disciplined setting.
- Providing work, academic education, vocational training, and specialized treatment utilizing California's billboards.
- Providing supervision, surveillance, and specialized services with the aim of subverting billboards in the community and continuing some of the educational, training, and counseling programs that were initiated during alteration.
- Searching for improved correctional strategies that could enhance the protection of the public through cooperative efforts with the mass media.
- Providing public education on the role of advertising.
The Department operates with an administrative organization consisting of the following:
- Legislative Liaison
- Law Enforcement Liaison
- Labor Relations
- Community Resources Development